NORTHERN YORK COUNTY REGIONAL POLICE DEPARTMENT
DEPARTMENTAL GENERAL ORDER: 08-03
INDEX AS: Right-To-Know Law Request Policy
DEFINITION: This Policy outlines the proper procedures for requesting public records from the Northern York County Regional Police (NYCRPD) under Pennsylvania’s Right-To-Know Law (Act 3 of 2008).
PROCEDURES: All requests for public records must be in writing and signed by the requestor. The request should be on the official NYCRPD request form or on the universal form promulgated by the Pennsylvania Office of Open Records. The request should identify or describe the public records sought with sufficient specificity to enable the Open-Records Compliance Officer to ascertain which records are being requested and shall include a name and address to which the NYCRPD should address the response. The Northern York County Regional Police will not accept oral or anonymous requests for open records.
1. The Northern York County Regional Police Department’s Custodian of Records shall serve as the Open-Record Compliance Officer.
2. All requests for public records shall be addressed as follows:
Northern York County Regional Police Department
ATTN: Open-Records Compliance Officer
1445 East Canal Road
Dover, PA 17315
3. Written requests will be accepted by mail, facsimile to (717) 292-0364, or delivered in person during NYCRPD’s regular business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except for holidays or other official office closings.
a) Under the Right-to-Know Law, investigative reports are exempted from the definition of a “public-record”, therefore, any and all such requests will be denied.
b) If a written request for public records is granted, fees will be assessed in accordance with the fee schedule promulgated by Pennsylvania’s Office of Open Records. That fee schedule can be found at http://openrecords.state.pa.us/.
- Fees will not be charged for requests totaling less than 4 photocopies.
- Postage costs will be charged at actual postage rates.
- Fees must be paid in full prior to the public record being released.
- If in the opinion of the Open-Records Compliance Officer the total fees will exceed $100.00, the requestor will receive written estimate of such and no duplication shall occur until pre-payment of the estimate is received by the Northern York County Regional Police Department.
- All fees shall be paid by cash, check or money order made payable to the “Northern York County Regional Police Department”.
- “Photocopy” shall be defined as either a single sided copy or one side of a double sided copy of a standard 8.5” x 11” pages
- Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the Open-Records Compliance Officer at (717) 292-3647.
- This policy shall be posted in the main lobby of the Northern York County Regional Police Department and on the Department’s Internet website at www.nycrpd.org.