The Northern York County Regional Police Department is partnering with the Boy Scouts of America to offer a Law Enforcement Explorers Program.
An Information Session will be held on March 27, 2019 from 1800 – 2000 (6PM to 8PM) hours at the Northern York County Regional Police Department (1445 East Canal Road Dover, PA 17315).
The information session is informal and will give the prospective explorers a chance to speak with the officers who will be leading the program. Interested individuals are invited to stop in anytime during the session.
Goals and Objectives of the program
- Recruitment tool for future men and women in law enforcement
- Community relations effort between police, youth and the community
- Utilizes volunteers within the Northern York County Regional Police Department and other partner agencies
- Develop and uphold the basic objectives of the Program as sponsored through the Boy Scouts of America through the contribution of the police to the Explorer in three areas:
- Character building
- Leadership development
- Build an appreciation for community services and good citizenship
Explorer Post members receive basic instruction in various phases of law enforcement including:
- Criminal law
- Traffic law
- Criminal investigation
- Crime prevention
- Traffic control and direction
- Accident investigation
- Juvenile delinquency
- Other related topics which are integral parts of law enforcement
To be eligible for membership in the Program a candidate must:
- Be at least 14 years of age, in junior high school or high school.
- Have at the time of entry and maintain a minimum grade “C” average in school
- Be a responsible citizen with a good reputation and good moral character
- Be able to safely perform duties of this position without posing a threat to the health and safety of themselves or others
- Have full approval of parents or guardian and assurance of their support and cooperation
- Be citizens of the United States at the time of their application